Just Blaze Hosts Impromptu Twitter Q&A Over the Weekend

East Coast, West Coast, North, Dirty South, Discuss ALL hip hop here
OmegaRed
Top Contributor

Tue May 31, 2016 11:20 am

Just Blaze set social media, um, ablaze this past weekend — but this time, he wasn't previewing unreleased gems. Instead, on Saturday evening (May 28), Just took to Twitter and hosted an impromptu Twitter Q&A session, which yielded some incredible behind the scene truths about the numerous gems within his revered canon. From his days as part of Roc-A-Fella Records' in-house production team to beyond, the incomparable Justin Blaze shared interesting tidbits about making Kanye Wests "Touch The Sky" in 20 minutes, how Cam'Ron initially reacted to "I Really Mean It" and why Jay Z's unreleased "Song Cry" sequel could be a fitting response to Beyoncé Lemonade.

For everything else revealed during Just Blaze's impromptu Q&A, see below:

As far as what that record could mean today, given the current series of events, Blaze said this about "Song Cry 2":

It would be a perfect follow up to Lemonade. GN. Dr. Philthy on Twitter

— Just Blaze (@JustBlaze) May 29, 2016

Blaze was originally set to record a "More Than A Woman" remix with Aaliyah, prior to her untimely passing.

When she passed she was on flight to come meet me and Freeway in Miami to do a "more than a woman" remix. Keyta87 on Twitter

Despite what was revealed in interviews in the past, Jay Z's storied "Oh Boy" remix verse for Cam'Ron didn't get erased.

I was there when he did it and it didn't get erased. puertoblack on Twitter

In related Dipset news, Cam'Ron originally wasn't into "I Really Mean It" when he first heard the beat.

Juelz liked it first. Then cam came in the room the next day like "nope" Erik Hoffman on Twitter

Just made "Touch the Sky" 20 minutes before Kanye stepped into Baseline Studios and later asked to "borrow" the rapper's Louis Vuitton scarf. Fair exchange?

I made it 20 minutes before Ye got to baseline. And I was trying to "borrow" his LV scarf when get got there. Matt on Twitter

Jay Z wasn't initially sold on the idea of including "Public Service Announcement" on The Black Album.

He didn't think we needed it. Me and Lenny were like Jamad Smalls on Twitter

After working on Rick Ross' "I Love My B*tches," Just received his first DJ Khaled speech.

The night we recorded it, I got my first motivational speech from Khaled. Major Vandal Travis on Twitter

Dame Dash initially wanted Memphis Bleek to be the "new LL" and thought his verse on Cam'Ron's "The ROC (Just Fire)" was too hard to be featured.

Dame tried to take Bleek off Just Fire. First time I ever stood up to him and said no. Bruce Wayne IV on Twitter

He said his verse was too hard and he wanted Bleek to be the new LL. So then I played "I shot ya" and he was silent Bernie Slanders on Twitter

Working on Jadakiss' "It's Time I See You" during the height of his beef with Beanie Sigel was just as awkward for Just as everyone believed.

That was awkward city. I walked into the session like "umm whut" B. Waite on Twitter

Beanie Sigel's "What Ya Life Like Pt. 2" remains one of Just's personal favorites.

One of my personal favorites. Brings a tear to me eye every time. Stealth on Twitter

Dr. Dre advised Just to "turn down" the mix for Game's "Church For Thugs."

It was Dre's idea to "turn it down" Chris Flores on Twitter

The beat for Jay Z's "Show You How" went through several iterations before making The Blueprint 2.

I made it 4 times before I got it right. But when Jay heard the horns he was like "that's it". He had the rhymes 1st Shiz86 on Twitter

https://revolt.tv/stories/2016/05/30/bl ... a0359fd6a4
TTO = white privilege & 4 da record, Makin $$$ off mods (IP is everything) @ da expense of dem posting :lol: Aint a goddamn thing u can do even if you change ips or im banned Pre-K..Reks L's. www.live2hustle.net/fam/