Trill Talk

East Coast, West Coast, North, Dirty South, Discuss ALL hip hop here
Sneakerwire

Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:01 pm

Lean and Sprite; crushed bars and jolly ranchers. Music flowing straight out of the mud to your speakers. These 2017 rappers have Codeine Dreams. Wake N’ Drank a mixtape compiled by the Mixtape Monopoly will leave listeners dazed and confused. Wake N’ Drank remixed by DJ Ben Frank has the most refreshing track list for those syrup sippers. This 29 track LP is draped in purple with lyrical content steeped in trap house fire. Nothing more satisfying then cracking a seal on a new bottle of Actavis, and this mixtape brings the same pleasure.
Rique and Jose Guapo’s track “Ice Drip” introduces frozen flows of diamond incrusted platinum chains. The New era “Bling, Bling” for those dripping in princess cuts. Wheezy Beatz serves up the beat for “200,000” featuring Quavo, Lil Uzi Vert, and Shad da God. A track about that wrist motion. The boss status delivers hard punchlines, and that trap rap bass kick. The simple rhymes of 21 Savage can not be overlooked in, “100” a drill track with chopper music influence. Veteran Yo Gotti drops rider music in “81” a song titled after his birth year. Gotti defends the Crack Era mentality of getting to the money by any means. The auto-tune of Future mixed with the raspy bars of Rick Ross in “That’s A Check” paired with intense special effects, jam exposing the listener to, the combination of two of the South’s most successful commercial rappers. OJ Da Juiceman, known for hit “Make The Trap Aye” returns in “Box Chevy” about the love from the Impala to the Cutlass Supreme. It’s known at any time rappers will pull out custom whips with matching rims, and paint job. The Based God, Lil B appears on the compilation with track my house, a supplemented track that uses Bone Thugs N’ Harmony’s “Crossroads” melody to cement the rhyme scheme about his crib or humble abode. Genius and Mike Fresh coined the go-getta tune, “Get The Money” about OG paper chasing. “Ya, Ya” pronounced yeah, yeah by Rich Homie Quan featuring YFN Lucci is the most interactive track on the mixtape. Various artists assist T.I. in “Lazy”. A song related to those who are afraid to get on their grind. Often these people are the first to knock the hustle, and T.I. has a Grand Hustle. T.I. shouts out the sideline critics, while true hustlers stay in the game. A ballad to the women’s psyche. Gucci Mane never fails his fans, “Drove You Crazy” he teams with one of the hottest R&B artist in the game. Young Sizzle, “Money Flow” rounds out the most notable track on the mixtape. In a smooth rendition dedicated to the benjamins.
The Barre baby has saturated the rap game. Respect to those lost, DJ Screw, Pimp C, Big Moe, Asap Yam$ or those suffering like Lil Wayne and Mac Miller. When mixed with various drugs lean becomes a deadly concoction; drink with caution. The legacy of drank is evident in Southern music. However, the unnecessary casualties of these innovative artist, prove that cards are stacked against the future of rap music. All these rappers were lost at creative peaks, and could have easily cemented much more than their present legacies. Currently hip hop is fueled by Codeine Cowboys, however most fail to realize those legends resting in heaven, watching down on those indulging in the sizzurp. Lean has spread from a predominately Texas high, to an accepted phenomenon from the West to East Coast. Promethazine dominates the rap content, we are currently exposed too. The whole world has got “The Juice”, now!

J. Sneakerwire Harris
IG: @sneakerwire

Sent from my LG-K540 using Texas Takeover mobile app