Trill Talk

East Coast, West Coast, North, Dirty South, Discuss ALL hip hop here
Sneakerwire

Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:15 pm

http://www.hotnewhiphop.com/mozzy-fake- ... 16818.html

Rapper Mozzy hails from Sacramento, California and is not so much independent as unsigned hype. He presents the life of a soldier mixtape, Fake Famous. Mozzy rhymes with a Tupac swagger both angry and conscious, but also real. His tape opens with a deep reflection from a dangerous mind. Overall the mixtape is steeped in “beautiful struggles.”
“The People Plan” addresses Black on Black crime. Aside the oppressions of the system. When the beat drops the track, changes directions, into trap realisms. These are stories of a life of pain, “My Eyez” is not the only Tupac Shakur reference on this LP. Clearly as a rapper, he’s spitting verses from his personal story. “Borrowed Time” he rhymes an appreciation for life, while preying on enemies, and praying for “Better Dayz.” Both “Live” and “Scorin” are tales of block runners. The melodic voice of Lex Aura, and multiple features of West Coast artist, Lil Blood and Slim 400, show unity in troubles. “Anti Freestyle” he boldly paints the picture of a gangbangers reality. He displays prospective from the trenches and the raw skills of an emcee. “Hold On Me” features popular artist G-Eazy, Brazy rapper YG, and the smooth vocals of Lex Aura once again. The track is a combination of thug love and California dreaming. The East Coast meets the West Coast in “Line It Up.” The track features Top Five Dead or Alive emcee, Jadakiss, Dave East who spins out hard rhymes leaving Ducatti Dust all over the track, and Houston’s Trae Tha Truth, has a notable Blackout during his portion of the track. Trae spits “I was moving solo, Two choppers off in a fo’ do’, might put a few in ya chest, make you stitch it up like a logo, running through ya spot n***** freeze like a photo.” Mozzy holds his own amongst true emcees; that’s heart, in the rap game.
Mozzy places a new version of “Dear Momma” the Tupac classic, of the same name. The track carries the same instrumentals, with a breezy up tempo. Mozzy expresses hope and gratitude alongside R&B artist Tank who sings the hook. Celly Ru adds rap verses focused on paying dues and holding up the most high, from the ground to the sky. “Dope Spot” cements his lifestyle of moving hard packs. He boasts of his ghetto survival. Rising up from crack houses, and out the ashes of Tupac’s legacy, Mozzy rhymes about where he is coming from. Viewed as a criminal, a monster, he brings humanity back to West Coast rap.
Newcomer Mozzy shows no fear on the microphone. He bears the burden of the West Coast life, yet still he validates all eyez are on him. “Four finger banging, what I push to the death, p**** a** b****** get pushed to the left, apprehended by laws have me look to the left, Love for the locs pushing to the left, My rag on the right, get a bag every night, thumbing through the thirty they had on my life.”
J. Sneakerwire Harris
IG: @sneakerwire