Mayhem Miller explains why he missed weight by 24 lbs. at Venator FC

Sports Discussion
OmegaRed
Top Contributor

Fri May 27, 2016 10:45 am

After more than four years on the sidelines, filled will all kinds of legal trouble, Jason Miller attempted a comeback to active competition at Venator FC last Saturday. However, the Enfant Terrible of mixed martial arts blew the chance to participate in the evening's co-main event, a middleweight title fight against fellow UFC veteran Luke Barnatt, by showing up 24 pounds overweight on the day of the weigh-in.

Many have wondered how Miller managed to miss weight so badly. Well, this is his explanation:

"Like I said, I'm Mayhem. If I'm gonna go I'm gonna go big. I do everything large and in charge," he joked in an interview with Chael Sonnen during a recent episode of the Beyond the Fight podcast, before continuing in a bit more serious fashion (Transcription via MMAFighting.com).

"The truth is it happened pretty much the day of [the weigh-in]," Mayhem said. "The jet lag is one thing I forgot to take into account. Let me just tell the fighters out there in the world, if you're ever having some jet lag issues and you're trying to make weight and you're within about seven pounds of the weight, do not buy a bunch of liters of water and leave them by your bed because you too will step on the scale grossly overweight"

"I was pretty light," Miller continued. "I was like ‘alright, we're gonna do this!' But yeah the jet lag and I bought a bunch of liters of water and when I woke up the next day they were all gone and I was like 'what the fuck did I do? I'm fucked. I just fucked myself'... I feel terrible about it but the truth is it's been four damn years since I ever had to make weight so I'm not surprised."

Miller has also stated that he has now overcome his past troubles and has returned to "the normal human world." He also wants to continue fighting, but at the light-heavyweight limit.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/5/26/11 ... venator-fc
TTO = white privilege & 4 da record, Makin $$$ off mods (IP is everything) @ da expense of dem posting :lol: Aint a goddamn thing u can do even if you change ips or im banned Pre-K..Reks L's. www.live2hustle.net/fam/