Rashad Jennings: "I’m Just Getting Into My Prime"

Sports Discussion
OmegaRed
Top Contributor

Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:26 am

History has shown us that running backs that have reached their 30th birthday tend to be on the backside of their careers and many of them suffer steep drops in productivity past that birthday.

Giants running back Rashad Jennings has designs on bucking that trend. Jennings turned 31 in March, but said on NFL Network that believes that the knowledge he’s gained to this point in his career leaves him still on the way up.
“A pro really understands how to take care of his body, and he understands the X’s and O’s and can play the game before it happens,” Jennings said. “I’ve been allowing my maturity to catch up. I’ve been excited as I get into my later years, and I’m just getting into my prime.”

Jennings didn’t have his first NFL carry until he was 24 and he was 27 before he ran the ball 100 times in a season, so there’s been less wear and tear on his body than other backs experienced in the early part of their careers. With several other options in the backfield, the Giants can avoid putting too much on Jennings’ back this season as well.
TTO = white privilege & 4 da record, Makin $$$ off mods (IP is everything) @ da expense of dem posting :lol: Aint a goddamn thing u can do even if you change ips or im banned Pre-K..Reks L's. www.live2hustle.net/fam/