Daniel Cormier fires back at Donald Cerrone over UFC 200 criticism

Sports Discussion
OmegaRed
Top Contributor

Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:29 am

Donald Cerrone wasn’t excited about Daniel Cormier’s win over Anderson Silva at UFC 200, but his criticism towards Cormier were too much for the UFC light heavyweight champion.

"Cowboy" ripped Cormier during a Q&A at the UFC Fan Expo the day after UFC 200 in Las Vegas, saying the champion fought "like a f*g" Saturday night at the T-Mobile Arena. Cerrone apologized later, but that wasn’t good enough for Cormier.

"My reaction to Donald is shut up. Has he lost his mind?" Cormier said on Monday’s edition of The MMA Hour. "I mean, what was this guy talking about? Donald Cerrone, who made you the person… on what ground does he stand on to be able to say something like that to someone like me?

"He can tell me stuff. If he had a problem with the way I performed, he could have told me in the back that day. ‘DC, it wasn’t a very good fight, man, I didn’t like it.’ But to do it publicly? Who are you? Are you the greatest fighter of all times? Are you the guy that went out there and got stopped in the first round by Anthony Pettis, that kick in the side and fell down? Are you the guy that got dominated by dos Anjos in the first round, where you just fell down?"

Cerrone is scheduled to take on Rick Story at UFC 202 on Aug. 20, and Cormier hopes that his teammate Khabib Nurmagomedov has a chance to "smack his head" on his behalf one day.

"I’ve been nothing but a gentleman to that guy, and he just likes to talk," he said. "Maybe he was drinking a little bit, I don’t know. But who is he to make that decision, and so rude about it? That’s a type of thing that’s upsetting.

"What are you doing? Who are you to say that you can say something like that? You beat a couple of guys and all of a sudden you walk around with that stupid cowboy hat… I’ll smack the side of your hat with that stupid hat. I’ll actually have Khabib do that for me. I’ll ask Khabib to smack his head."

Cormier wasn’t only upset at the critics, but the homophobic term Cerrone used -- especially a day after Amanda Nunes became the first openly gay fighter to win a UFC title.

"It’s very disappointing, especially under those circumstances, with everything that happened in Orlando and everything, he uses that word and those terms," Cormier said. "Man, nobody is exempt from just being like… you have to have some class, man. Hey, Donald, this isn’t the wild wild west where you can walk around with your stupid cowboy boots and your hat and spitting tobacco and just talking crazy. You have to have respect and carry yourself with some class.

"You don’t disrespect me like that. At the end of the day, I’m a man. When I see him, we’ll have some words, and we’ll discuss it."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/7/11/12 ... -criticism
TTO = white privilege & 4 da record, Makin $$$ off mods (IP is everything) @ da expense of dem posting :lol: Aint a goddamn thing u can do even if you change ips or im banned Pre-K..Reks L's. www.live2hustle.net/fam/
Michaell13

Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:33 pm

Thank you for the video