According to Manny Pacquiao’s personal adviser Michael Koncz, the Filipino superstar will fight anywhere is the right financial package is put together.
Pacquiao's promoter, Bob Arum of Top Rank, is looking to stage his boxer's next fight outside of the United States. One option that Arum is exploring is a fight with undefeated contender Jeff Horn (16-0, 11 KOs), which would take place in Australia. A venue has been set aside in the country for April 22.
“We will go to where we’re going to get the best financial package. United States remains an option, Australia also an option, UK is an option and United Arab Emirates is an option,”Koncz told The Manila Times. “We will go to wherever we believe we can generate the most income.”
But the fight most people want to see is a battle between Pacquiao and WBC/WBO junior welterweight champion Terence Crawford (30-0, 21 KOs).
In a recent interview, Koncz embraced a fight with Crawford - but only if Arum guaranteed them at least $20 million for HBO Pay-Per-View bout. Koncz is standing firm with that financial demand.
“As what I’ve said, Manny will be fighting Crawford if he can guarantee us with a $20 million minimum purse,” said Koncz. “I cannot mention any names now since there are other candidates that we’ve considered.”
Arum would not debate Koncz's asking price, but gave his take on the matter.
“I just got off the phone with Michael. I understand that he had an operation in the Philippines last year, so maybe he’s still under medication but it shouldn’t be discussed in the newspaper,” Arum told The Times in a separate interview.
“Once we have an opponent, we will sit down and talk. I have not talked with Manny yet regarding this matter. People talk, sometimes they shouldn’t talk,” he added. “I will fly soon to the Philippines to talk with Manny.”
http://www.boxingscene.com/team-pacquia ... um=twitter
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest