Anthony Joshua: Deontay Wilder been around 9 years & hasn't fought anyone

Sports Discussion
OmegaRed
Top Contributor

Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:19 pm

British heavyweight sensation Anthony Joshua wants to see his American counterpart Deontay Wilder step his competition up.

Joshua (18-0, 18 KOs) turned professional less than four years ago, but will face future Hall of Famer Wladimir Klitschko in April.

Wilder (36-0, 35 KOs), who’s been around nearly nine years, will face Gerald Washington in his next fight.

While Joshua kept it respectful, he made his feelings clear: the Gerald Washingtons of the world will no longer do.

Many boxing pundits, fairly or unfairly, agree. Wilder has been criticized for his level of opposition as he’s ascended into the heavyweight hierarchy.

“I think Wilder needs to fight better opposition,” Joshua exclusively told Sky Sports. “Washington is good, but he’s up and coming still. It was a last minute call-up as well.

“Wilder has been a professional for around eight to nine years and I want to see a bit more, and there is nothing wrong with that,” said Joshua. “Good luck against Washington, but I think the other contenders in the heavyweight division need challenging as well, so I think it would be good for Wilder to force these type of fights, rather than taking easy pickings.”
TTO = white privilege & 4 da record, Makin $$$ off mods (IP is everything) @ da expense of dem posting :lol: Aint a goddamn thing u can do even if you change ips or im banned Pre-K..Reks L's. www.live2hustle.net/fam/