Team Lipinets: Indongo Must Face Us Next - He's Going To Sleep! (plus Saturdays Fight)

Sports Discussion
OmegaRed
Top Contributor

Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:52 pm

On Saturday night in Glasgow, Scotland Julius Idongo (22-0, 11 KOs) dominated Ricky Burns over twelve rounds by the scores of 120-108, 118-110 and 116-112 to unify the IBF, IBO and WBA 140-pound titles.

Talk has immediately centered on a full unification bout versus Terence Crawford, who holds the WBC and WBO belts in his possession. Crawford defense his title next month against Olympic gold medal winner Felix Diaz.

But Idongo does have an IBF mandatory against Sergey Lipinets - and that mandatory defense is due.

''That's the ruling, that's what they're supposed to do and we're going to enforce it,'' Alex Vaysfeld of Union Boxing Management told BoxingScene.com in the aftermath of Indongo's win.

"If you look at it, for example Gervonta Davis, they made him do the IBF mandatory versus Liam Smith. So we were pushed back because of the unification [between Indongo and Burns]. So [Idongo] can either vacate that belt or come over and fight us and it's going to be very short night, I promise."

But the reality is that a fight versus Crawford in America might be much more lucrative for the native of Namibia.

To that, Vaysfeld remarked - "Here's what it is, they can offer us step-aside money - which we're not going to take. They can apply for another unification and that's with the IBF to either let it go or give them 90 days to put in another unification. But none of that stuff is going to take place.

"I just talked to (Al) Haymon and he reassured me that Lipinets is going to fight Indongo or Idongo is going to vacate the belt. But ideally we want Idongo to bring the belts, we'll fight for it and may the best man win."

And Vaysfeld is ultra confident that that will be the hard-hitting and undefeated Lipinets.

"I believe that if Idongo decides to fight and defend the belt against his mandatory challenger, Sergey Lipinets, he will go to sleep," he boasted. "I'll bring a Goddamn pillow, I'll make sure he's comfortable."

http://www.boxingscene.com/team-lipinet ... ep--115666
TTO = white privilege & 4 da record, Makin $$$ off mods (IP is everything) @ da expense of dem posting :lol: Aint a goddamn thing u can do even if you change ips or im banned Pre-K..Reks L's. www.live2hustle.net/fam/