Ricardo Mayorga Rules Out Retirement, Plans February Return

Sports Discussion
OmegaRed
Top Contributor

Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:20 pm

by Elisinio Castillo

Earlier this month, former world champion Ricardo 'Matador' Mayorga returned to the ring at the age of 44.

Mayorga, who was a welterweight and super welterweight champion just over 10 years ago, traveled over to Russia to face undefeated Andrey Sirotkin.
The Nicaraguan madman was hoping to win, and then move forward to a world title shot on the 3rd of February.

Things did not go as planned, with Mayorga suffering a stoppage loss. He had his moments in the contest, but appeared to be a shadow of the boxer who faced the likes of Felix Trinidad, Oscar De La Hoya and Vernon Forrest.

The unbeaten Russian raised his record to 14-0 and 4 knockouts - and Mayorga's record dropped to 32-10-1 and 26 knockouts.

Mayorga returned in 2017 after last fighting in 2015, when he was knocked out in his rematch with Shane Mosley. His retirement was forgotten when he faced Mexico's Jaudiel Zepeda in a clash that was set for the Nicaraguan veteran to shake off the rust.

In the event of a defeat, Mayorga promised to retire from the sport for good.
But that appears to be on the backburner.
According to Mayorga, he still intends to fight in February.

He says his fight with Sirotkin went downhill due to two factors - he suffered a hand injury and he was also unable to adapt to the severe cold in the region.
"Physically I felt good. I trained hard for the fight, but those two factors prevented me from looking better in the ring," said Mayorga.

Mayorga still believes that he can still achieve big victories for his career and he does not rule out the possibility that a title opportunity can come at any time.
"I will return and I will give a show again. I am a warrior, and when I feel that I can not, then I will definitely say enough to boxing," Mayorga said.
TTO = white privilege & 4 da record, Makin $$$ off mods (IP is everything) @ da expense of dem posting :lol: Aint a goddamn thing u can do even if you change ips or im banned Pre-K..Reks L's. www.live2hustle.net/fam/
Dat_Meskin
Screw Head

Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:54 pm

Smh lol
CHRISTOPHER

Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:51 am

LoL
Chasing a paycheck.
OmegaRed
Top Contributor

Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:21 pm

yep basically.

master shittalker though.
TTO = white privilege & 4 da record, Makin $$$ off mods (IP is everything) @ da expense of dem posting :lol: Aint a goddamn thing u can do even if you change ips or im banned Pre-K..Reks L's. www.live2hustle.net/fam/