Roy Jones: No Retirement, I'll Be in The Coffin Throwing Punches!

Sports Discussion
OmegaRed
Top Contributor

Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:35 am

By Radio Rahim

http://www.boxingscene.com/roy-jones-no ... es--123058

Former four division world champion Roy Jones Jr. (65-9, 47 KOs) is not planning to retire from boxing in the near future.
He was ringside on Saturday night at Madison Square Garden in New York City, and watched Puerto Rican superstar Miguel Cotto enter the ring for the final time as a professional fighter.
Cotto, 37 years old, suffered an upset loss by way of a twelve round unanimous decision at the hands of Sadam Ali.

The entire event was a big farewell for Cotto - and after the fight the boxer received a video package that focused on the key points of his career.
Jones, 48 years old, has no interested in a farewell event, farewell videos or anything similar to that. He wants to continue fighting to the very end.
"I don't want no farewell video. When I'm in the coffin you can talk about my stuff. I don't want to go, I want to still be fighting and be in the coffin throwing punches at people. I don't want to go out like that [with a farewell event], that's their stuff, I don't do all that," Jones said to BoxingScene.com.
Jones won his last three fight since getting knocked out cold by Enzo Maccarinelli in December 2015 in Russia.
Jones came right back to the ring in March 2016, and then won again in August, and last fought in February with a TKO victory over overmatched Bobby Gunn in a cruiserweight fight.
At the moment, Oscar De La Hoya has mentioned the idea of coming out of retirement for a fight with UFC superstar Conor McGregor. De La Hoya, 44 years old, has been retired since a TKO defeat at the hands of Manny Pacquiao in the fall of 2008
Jones sees nothing wrong with a De La Hoya return.
"How can I tell him not to do it when I'm still doing it? I can't tell him don't do it when I'm still doing it too," Jones
TTO = white privilege & 4 da record, Makin $$$ off mods (IP is everything) @ da expense of dem posting :lol: Aint a goddamn thing u can do even if you change ips or im banned Pre-K..Reks L's. www.live2hustle.net/fam/
Mr Fix

Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:19 am

Guess he changed his mind. His last fight is scheduled for Feb 24th. No opponent yet.
Missdapimpchad

Sun May 27, 2018 8:47 am

Keep chasing them chickens my guy
NTML...leave as a came...all is one
ThomasJem

Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:17 am

They had the fight at the event I attended last night, but in a different room so I didnt ghet to see it. I heard it was a unanimous decision for Joe, but how was the fight itself?