Dragon Ball Z Question

Post all your bullshit threads here (GNR Nation)
J-Don
Screw Head

Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:55 pm

Since it is presumed that the fighters from Dragonball are pretty much way too powered to compare with fighters from other universes... i.e. Superman, Spiderman, Hulk, etc. Shit, I'd argue that DBZ characters are pretty much way stronger than their anime colleagues found in the likes of Naruto and Bleach

But then it hit me

In Superman there is this android called A.M.A.Z.O.

This guy is basically an android created by Professor Ivo at LexCorp with the uncanny ability to copy any trait/characteristic of objects and living beings by simply looking at them.

Thus, you can figure how it can become overpowered like crazy

In justice League Unlimited, this android tore through the entire Justice League and the entire Green Lantern Corps like it was nothing. At this point and time, the android was in its gold form as you saw in the picture above.

So would the android have the chance to beat a Super Saiyan, or even a God like Beerus or his attendant Whis?

Discuss
DJ_BlackJack
Official TTO DJ

Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:17 am

i respect this. heres some food for thought

a lot of Marvel characters are rips from DC and vice Versa (compare deadpool Vs Deathstroke, Hawkeye or bullseye to deadshot, etc, etc).

this android called A.M.A.Z.O reminds me of its marvel universe counterpart the Adaptoid/Super Adaptoid/Golden Adaptoid/Symbioid (Symbiote Adaptoid)

now the theory that AMAZO can copy traits/abilities/characteristics of objects/living beings by looking at Goku, Golden Frieza, or even Beerus or his attendant Whis is a good one (but seeing as how androids were inferior in the series, such as androids 13-20 (android 20 being dr. gero) and even overpowering a powerhouse like Super 17 (Regardless of the good 17 residing in super 17 revealing his own weakness)) the android might not expect Goku to turn SSJ or SSGSSJ and therefore, might not even know how, as the android lacks the genome to even become a SSJ or SSGSSJ (now cell is the only exception as he had everyones genes and therefore had saiyan genes, and was considered by many to be an android that could absorb other counterparts to become perfect, similar to Android 13).

while it remains possible that AMAZO or adaptoid could potentially have a chance at beating powerhouses like vegeta or goku in the SSGSSJ forms or even beerus or whis himself, it leaves it open to speculation IMO.
J-Don
Screw Head

Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:52 pm

DJ_BlackJack wrote:i respect this. heres some food for thought

a lot of Marvel characters are rips from DC and vice Versa (compare deadpool Vs Deathstroke, Hawkeye or bullseye to deadshot, etc, etc).

this android called A.M.A.Z.O reminds me of its marvel universe counterpart the Adaptoid/Super Adaptoid/Golden Adaptoid/Symbioid (Symbiote Adaptoid)

now the theory that AMAZO can copy traits/abilities/characteristics of objects/living beings by looking at Goku, Golden Frieza, or even Beerus or his attendant Whis is a good one (but seeing as how androids were inferior in the series, such as androids 13-20 (android 20 being dr. gero) and even overpowering a powerhouse like Super 17 (Regardless of the good 17 residing in super 17 revealing his own weakness)) the android might not expect Goku to turn SSJ or SSGSSJ and therefore, might not even know how, as the android lacks the genome to even become a SSJ or SSGSSJ (now cell is the only exception as he had everyones genes and therefore had saiyan genes, and was considered by many to be an android that could absorb other counterparts to become perfect, similar to Android 13).

while it remains possible that AMAZO or adaptoid could potentially have a chance at beating powerhouses like vegeta or goku in the SSGSSJ forms or even beerus or whis himself, it leaves it open to speculation IMO.
DOPE

It really is just speculation

But the thing is when AMAZO returned from the cosmos in Justice League Unlimited, he was already at the level of destroying planets just like Saiyans.

More importantly, it seems that AMAZO had developed beyond nanotechnology, as evidenced by Luthor failing to use such a weapon against him.

so IDK but I was arguing with some of my niggas about it last night.. Somebody said AMAZO could not have the ability to absorb KI, which I call bullshit on for the aforementioned reasons.
residentsleep

Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:04 pm

does he retain the powers he absorbs forever or just until he looks at something/someone else?

would finding out a way to throw amazo into the sun work? or are you talking solely hand to hand combat?

how did superman & them beat him?
J-Don
Screw Head

Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:05 pm

residentsleep wrote:does he retain the powers he absorbs forever or just until he looks at something/someone else?

would finding out a way to throw amazo into the sun work? or are you talking solely hand to hand combat?

how did superman & them beat him?

naw he retains his powers... he acquires all the powers of the Justice League and then he winds up deciding to travel the universe in search of a "purpose" due to not finding one on Earth. In fact, upon exploring the cosmos he evolves beyond the limitations of mere technology and can move planets to different dimensions at ease (also even destroy them)

Only thing that managed to stop AMAZO was a Solomon Grundy fueled by Chaos Magic. AMAZO tried to immobilize Grundy, but Grundy was instead feeding off his power with the magic. So that is the only discrepancy, but it is a kind of a weak ass one considering how overpowered AMAZO was and the fact that he decided to disappear light years away in order to come up with a solution to solve the problem.

Superman couldn't touch him.. son wasn't even an android at that point
residentsleep

Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:13 pm

so doing a little reading i'm not clear as if grundy just absorbed the attack or does he, like amazo, absorb it's power & becomes stronger &/or does he absorbing the attack in return drain it from amazo?

this kind of shit requires sum type of stand.....maybe.
if he can't see stands does that mean he can't take their power?
or does seeing someone with a stand give him a stand?
For you pussy ass niggas that don't know what a stand is.

this raises a really good question, what rules are we following?
does amazo follow DCU rules & goku follow DBU rules?
if amazo comes from a universe in which ki (&/or the concept of ki) does not exist, can he still absorb that in which he is unaware of the concept of?
J-Don
Screw Head

Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:01 am

residentsleep wrote:so doing a little reading i'm not clear as if grundy just absorbed the attack or does he, like amazo, absorb it's power & becomes stronger &/or does he absorbing the attack in return drain it from amazo?

this kind of shit requires sum type of stand.....maybe.
if he can't see stands does that mean he can't take their power?
or does seeing someone with a stand give him a stand?
For you pussy ass niggas that don't know what a stand is.

this raises a really good question, what rules are we following?
does amazo follow DCU rules & goku follow DBU rules?
if amazo comes from a universe in which ki (&/or the concept of ki) does not exist, can he still absorb that in which he is unaware of the concept of?
nah there ain't no stand involved... and as far as what was specified in the show, Grundy was absorbing AMAZO's attack, nothing more, nothing less. Clearly, AMAZO did not lose power in this endeavor, otherwise it would have been stated. I fault the writer's for his abrupt ending ultimately.

what are you stating about KI is what I want to know too.. like clearly it was not present in the DC universe. However, it is apparent that when AMAZO returned to Earth in his God form, he did not yet have a grasp of everything, hence his extended stay with Dr. Fate. The being was suffering from an existential crisis, so I'd argue with the knowledge he had yet to grasp, everything was within his reach without question.

Even though (after thinking) I developed an opinion on this... I wanted to see what other niggas thought...

Some DC characters (i.e. Superman Prime) could match DBZ characters in my opinion.. it would be amazing to see them pit against one another, but that would be unlikely to happen smh....
residentsleep

Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:42 am

J-Don wrote:nah there ain't no stand involved... .
nah i was trying to think of who could beat amazo (AMAZO vs Anyone from anything)
my first thought was maybe a jojo character. IDK if anyone here watches jojo but yall niggas should.
basically in jojo everyone has a stand, every stand has a specific power, & stand battles consist of trying to out wit the other guy &/or trying to find & exploit their weakness.
there is a guy in jojo with the ability erase things from existence, another guy has the power to nullify attacks, as in if you try to shoot him, his power is to be like "naw that never happened." & erase the action of the bullet firing from ever happening.
another thing is that only stand users can see stands, so if someone uses their stand to punch someone in the face, to the average person, it would like they're being punched by nothing.

idk. to me it comes down to, is there anything he can't absorb? if not then he is invincible.
Pre-K

Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:55 am

what a bunch of nerds

shouts out to android 18 i wanna fuck that cartoon robot
Kevin44
Screw Head

Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:48 pm

z fighters aren't made to be the strongest, that's why they constantly lose, they just train for the next foe numsaying tarzan?
Tscot3

Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:25 pm

After the events in Dragon Ball super Goku and Vegeta hands down would defeat any Marvel or DC Superhero