east coast vs west coast 90s

East Coast, West Coast, North, Dirty South, Discuss ALL hip hop here
Post Reply

east vs west

east
0
No votes
west
3
43%
I only jam C-note and 2pac
4
57%
 
Total votes: 7
User avatar
Rekshots
Moderator
Posts: 1905
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:01 am

Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:25 pm

wo maDe beTta muizK baCK N dA DaYYY??
east



west



who u like? mo?
mfeswhtx wrote:
Thu May 18, 2017 8:50 pm
jesus christ imagine if the rest of us didnt live in the basement at our mom's house we'd prob be just like boy c

User avatar
J-Don
Screw Head
Posts: 1588
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:06 pm

Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:09 pm

west coast all day everyday

cuz west coast shit doesn't sound dated like 90's new york rap with their shitty drum kits first off



also back then Death Row was that label you didn't fuck with

I have more fond memories of Doggystyle and The Chronic then that Illmatic garbage that was just boring af

in the words of Pimp C, the west took that hip hop shit the east started and made it better




but I give 90's rap to the South ultimately for producing my favorites such as literally anything Three 6 Mafia produced along with UGK, Guerilla Maab, SUC

Somebody name me an east coast song that is harder than this


User avatar
Rekshots
Moderator
Posts: 1905
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:01 am

Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:25 pm

J-Don wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:09 pm
west coast all day everyday

cuz west coast shit doesn't sound dated like 90's new york rap with their shitty drum kits first off
insults east coast drum kits.


then dick rides memphis rap that consists of mostly shitty 808 drums kits



maek up your mind j don. do you like shitty drum kits or hate shitty drum kits
mfeswhtx wrote:
Thu May 18, 2017 8:50 pm
jesus christ imagine if the rest of us didnt live in the basement at our mom's house we'd prob be just like boy c

User avatar
Pre-K
Moderator
Posts: 1713
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:37 pm
Location: Texas

Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:29 pm

was gonna vote west cuz pac but then i saw the 3rd option
Image

User avatar
J-Don
Screw Head
Posts: 1588
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:06 pm

Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:54 pm

Rekshots wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:25 pm
J-Don wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:09 pm
west coast all day everyday

cuz west coast shit doesn't sound dated like 90's new york rap with their shitty drum kits first off
insults east coast drum kits.


then dick rides memphis rap that consists of mostly shitty 808 drums kits



maek up your mind j don. do you like shitty drum kits or hate shitty drum kits
fuckin east coast sounds like they make beats with twig branches with no bass and they sound broke as hell... i worked all my life so i don't have to be in the stairwells of a NYCHA building wearing timb boots and getting lifted with my "dunns".. with my only means of transportation being a broken down subway line

this shit right here tho is gangsta... this is lo-fi done right.. box chevy music for playas only


User avatar
Rekshots
Moderator
Posts: 1905
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:01 am

Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:24 pm

J-Don wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:54 pm
Rekshots wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:25 pm
J-Don wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:09 pm
west coast all day everyday

cuz west coast shit doesn't sound dated like 90's new york rap with their shitty drum kits first off
insults east coast drum kits.


then dick rides memphis rap that consists of mostly shitty 808 drums kits



maek up your mind j don. do you like shitty drum kits or hate shitty drum kits
fuckin east coast sounds like they make beats with twig branches with no bass and they sound broke as hell... i worked all my life so i don't have to be in the stairwells of a NYCHA building wearing timb boots and getting lifted with my "dunns".. with my only means of transportation being a broken down subway line

this shit right here tho is gangsta... this is lo-fi done right.. box chevy music for playas only

that song was god awful

grow up and listen to texas rap

mfeswhtx wrote:
Thu May 18, 2017 8:50 pm
jesus christ imagine if the rest of us didnt live in the basement at our mom's house we'd prob be just like boy c

User avatar
J-Don
Screw Head
Posts: 1588
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:06 pm

Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:11 pm

boy that album is a bonafide southern classic along with mystic stylez, da end, and chapter 2: world domination... i already acknowledged pharoah so who you talmbout needing to listen to texas rap

i sometimes forget that this is the internet where niggas pride themselves in posting the most obscure shit possible

User avatar
Rekshots
Moderator
Posts: 1905
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:01 am

Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:05 pm

J-Don wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:11 pm
boy that album is a bonafide southern classic along with mystic stylez, da end, and chapter 2: world domination... i already acknowledged pharoah so who you talmbout needing to listen to texas rap

i sometimes forget that this is the internet where niggas pride themselves in posting the most obscure shit possible
botany boyz arn't obscure

now come to north dakota so i can beat the living shit out of you
mfeswhtx wrote:
Thu May 18, 2017 8:50 pm
jesus christ imagine if the rest of us didnt live in the basement at our mom's house we'd prob be just like boy c

User avatar
J-Don
Screw Head
Posts: 1588
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:06 pm

Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:16 pm

Wasn't referring to botany boyz


Sent from my iPhone using TTO Mobile

User avatar
DJ_BlackJack
Official TTO DJ
Posts: 710
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:27 am
Location: Tacoma, WA
Contact:

Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:27 am

West coast all day everyday.

Like Pimp C said "the west took rap & made it better"

Death row, tha Dogg pound, West coast G Funk, the list goes on & on

The south definitely did better than we on the west coast did.

Country rap tunes, bitch

User avatar
Europe Savage
Screw Head
Posts: 791
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:25 am

Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:15 pm

Of course LA and Oakland been doing better music to dance to. So fuck a Eastcoast
Image

Post Reply
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest