Putting in work

Talk about anything you like here..... Keep it mature
BiGjDaWG
Screw Head

Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:48 am

Just changed the transmission fluid an filter. Finna go to autozone to pick up more parts. Gotta replace power steering pressure an return lines( that'll b fun) gotta replace ball joints , plugs , wires , oil and filter , get a new K&N air filter , EGR valve and sensor and a few other here an there things. Gotta keep the whip running top notch nah mean. Rest of my weekend is gone , but maybe if I hustle my ass off I can do it all in 1 - 1&1/2 days . wish I was gettin paid for this shit.

Any one else work on your own car? Pain in the ass ain't it? But the reward for a job well done and sense of accomplishment is un real.
StaySmokinAndLeanin

Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:06 pm

I laugh at niggas that pay 150 for a oil change...take me like 20 min to do myself minimal money involved

Way more satisfying to do shit yourself...."500 to hook up your system and we will build a box for you" SMH did it myself for less then $50 and I know I did a good job because it's my fuckin car lol....they don't make enough to go thru all the wire hiding, extra fuses ect
Dat_Meskin
Screw Head

Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:25 pm

real shit SSL
and like they say if you want something done right u gotta do it yourself
i installed my own shit too

@ big j dawg i do maintenance myself too cause its satisfying and cheap lol
small shit like oil, spark plugs, wires, filters, brakes, sensors...
only time i'll pay is if its internal engine or transmission problems, i cant do that shit or have the tools and space for it

you said you're getting a new k&n filter, i had one in my old truck and i know they sell cleaning kits for them.. i never tried it so i wonder if its better to just buy a new one or clean it because them hoes are more expensive
BiGjDaWG
Screw Head

Fri Feb 19, 2016 9:20 pm

Got all my parts but didn't get to put anything in cept the K&N air filter cuz I had 2 go buy sum shit for my kids. Just the filter made a hella dif , it got more pick up now.

Why would you throw away a million mile filter tho? First time you clean and reinstall it it's paid for its self. Did you install it right cuz u no u can't just open the breather box and put it in, u gotta take it completely out to ensure a air tight fit or it won't work proper.

Shop gonna charge me $120 to do my ball joints plus alignment. I don't mess with suspension cuz I want my shit to ride proper plus I don't have the right press/pull tool for it. I do everything else tho.
Desperado
Screw Head

Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:43 am

I change all my filters and oil myself but it is quite a bitch to change filters in foreign cars
BiGjDaWG
Screw Head

Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:26 am

Desperado wrote: it is quite a bitch to change filters in foreign cars
I was gonna say that but some cats get pussy hurt when I say sum bout foreigns. I've worked on foreign before and it ain't fun , there's little to no room , everything's smaller and more fragile , it's like it was built by oompaloompas. Fun 2 drive , a bitch to work on.
Mex
Screw Head

Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:13 am

I wish I knew more about cars, I should've taken auto tech during high school :(
Dat_Meskin
Screw Head

Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:33 pm

Foreign cars are a whole different beast
You almost have to take it to a shop if anything fucks up
Its like alien technology to me haha
Dat_Meskin
Screw Head

Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:38 pm

BiGjDaWG wrote:Why would you throw away a million mile filter tho? First time you clean and reinstall it it's paid for its self. Did you install it right cuz u no u can't just open the breather box and put it in, u gotta take it completely out to ensure a air tight fit or it won't work proper.

Shop gonna charge me $120 to do my ball joints plus alignment. I don't mess with suspension cuz I want my shit to ride proper plus I don't have the right press/pull tool for it. I do everything else tho.
Hell nah i didnt throw it away, i always used the same one but i didnt buy the cleaning kit either i would just dust it off with an air compressor lol

And yeah i dont fuck with ball joints either
mfeswhtx
Screw Head

Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:00 pm

Dat_Meskin wrote:Foreign cars are a whole different beast
You almost have to take it to a shop if anything fucks up
Its like alien technology to me haha
Shit sucks dick it's like a hard puzzle
BiGjDaWG
Screw Head

Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:33 pm

Mex wrote:I wish I knew more about cars, I should've taken auto tech during high school :(
I was lucky enough to grow up around a few good mechanics but I was real young so everything I know I kinda taught myself and watched shops work on my shit when they let me in the bay lol.
I know how to work on foreigns , they really ain't that dif they're just more compact and set up a lil dif but the concept is still the same aside from the computer , but if you think about it almost every car on earths computer is made in China or Japan(even sum Jap cars have Chinese comps lol)
BiGjDaWG
Screw Head

Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:42 pm

Dat_Meskin wrote:
Hell nah i didnt throw it away, i always used the same one but i didnt buy the cleaning kit either i would just dust it off with an air compressor lol

And yeah i dont fuck with ball joints either
Dude at autozone said these filters are good for 50k miles before they need cleaning. Just room temp lightly soaped water to clean it then air dry it and put the oil on it, unless u get the kit it comes wit special conditioning cleaner and oil.

I knocked out everything today cept the egr and power steering pressure line cuz I have to pull the pulley off and i dont have a puller/pusher yet and the egr is just a pain in the ass so I'm kinda stalling on that lol egr pressure sensor was easy tho
Desperado
Screw Head

Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:55 am

u gotta dis assemble a bunch of shit just to change the air filter in my bmw

it takes almost an hour and a half cause the housing for the filter has like 5 or 6 bolts you gotta go under the car to get one its a pain in the ass
BiGjDaWG
Screw Head

Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:59 pm

Desperado wrote:u gotta dis assemble a bunch of shit just to change the air filter in my bmw

it takes almost an hour and a half cause the housing for the filter has like 5 or 6 bolts you gotta go under the car to get one its a pain in the ass
All German cars are that way. I hate changing tires on one, you have to hold the wheel in place while you screw in the lugs cuz the studs are on the nuts instead of the hub. Oil changes are kinda easy except for needing a special filter wrench.
Dat_Meskin
Screw Head

Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:43 am

BiGjDaWG wrote:I hate changing tires on one, you have to hold the wheel in place while you screw in the lugs cuz the studs are on the nuts instead of the hub.
wtf i didnt know that
damn fuck that lol