Best File Sharing Site

Talk about anything you like here..... Keep it mature
baldjesus
Screw Head

Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:05 pm

Best file sharing site? I almost only use torrents, I can see tho how that isn't as appropriate for this site because a lot of people aren't into that. I'm wondering though, why dont we figure out the best sites to use for uploading/downloading. As in I saw someone using mediafire so I just started using that, a lot of people use Zippy, the thing is I've tried to DL some of the older links and they are all almost dead. We should figure out which sites keep the links active the longest and maybe try to blacklist the ones that expire, maybe have like a recommended list of sites. I just feel bad that some people take the time to upload great content but it expires and we have to ask them to re upload it and thats a hassle for contributors. Maybe I'm out of line I know I'm new here but tbh this site is now in my top 3 fav sites I get home from work and open this site up, would like to do my part to help make it better I'm here for the long run.

So what are your preferred media sharing sites?
do they expire?
do you need accounts?
how much space do they provide per account?
which sites have faster DL times?
Captchas?

media fire gives you 10 gigs per account/email address and should stay active as long as i log into each account every 6 months or so

would just be cool to improve the dead link situation I feel like a prick for requesting people to re upload shit
residentsleep

Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:18 pm

links go dead because no one has downloaded them in a certain amount of time (usually 30 days)
for links to stay as permanent as possible would require a site where you have to pay for premium membership
but then ppl with out that membership have caped speeds when downloading.

unless someone is willing to create an ftp sever or something & post links that way

as far as sites i prefer zippy & mediafire, mega is ok too
baldjesus
Screw Head

Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:56 pm

yeah Ill look into zippy and see whats up with it, I have an extra laptop and at least a few TBs of space, not sure if an ftp would make it easier tho here, I might just start backing up literally every thing on the sight just cuz and maybe it becomes useful later
Pre-K

Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:52 am

i been usin mediafire lately, used to use sendspace but yeah tha links die too quick

if u see any old albums i upped on sendspace thatchu want lemme know tho i aint gotta problem re-uppin em

i know i upped a shitload of albums on ss around the end of last year or so
Desperado
Screw Head

Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:54 am

Zippy share, media fire, Dropbox, Google drive
Kush
Screw Head

Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:17 am

Zippyshare, mediafire, Dropbox, Google drive
Dat_Meskin
Screw Head

Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:15 am

The screw diaries i uploaded to media fire are still working and it's been years.

What you need to do is rename the zip or rar file to something that can't be marked as copyright material. I named them "Chapter 001, Chapter 002" etc...
bigpthaking361
Music Moderator

Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:41 pm

megaupload was the goat!!!