Jas Prince on Growing Up as J Prince's Son, J Prince Squashing TI & Lil Flip Beef

From D Town to H Town, all Texas hip hop here
OmegaRed
Top Contributor

Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:22 am

Jas Prince sat down to talk about his father, James Prince, and the respect he receives from other rappers in the south. Before becoming the CEO of Rap-A-Lot Records and finding acts like Geto Boys, James was raised in the 5th Ward in Texas and became an entrepreneur at 21. Acknowledging that his father helped push one of the south's profanity filled rap group, Jas says he made sure to keep his children away from the music and was a total family man who attended church with his family often. "My dad is really big on family and God, and you know, he feels like he done it all and we shouldn't have to take certain routes."

J Prince is a staple in the Hip-Hop world, and Jas tells that he never really noticed how respected his father was until he got older. So when it came time for Jas to follow in his father's footsteps, he explains it was never handed to him. "I swept floors at Rap-A-Lot, and I moved to working the mail room, like putting the packages together, and like a street team." Jas even reveals seeing his father act as a peacemaker in Hip-Hop and watching him defuse animosity between T.I and Lil Flip.
TTO = white privilege & 4 da record, Makin $$$ off mods (IP is everything) @ da expense of dem posting :lol: Aint a goddamn thing u can do even if you change ips or im banned Pre-K..Reks L's. www.live2hustle.net/fam/