C-Note - Birds Vs Words (Album Discussion)

From D Town to H Town, all Texas hip hop here
3rdcoastclassics
Screw Head

Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:09 pm

J_man_713 wrote:like I said, I don't have money to waste. Instead of wasting it on leftover tracks. I'd rather save my paper for Astroworld that drops next week.
But then it goes back to the tried and true statement of "I aint buying shit until i hear it." It never gets purchased in the end. I check the forums for new music I may not have heard of, and being in Houston there are plenty of outlets still available to get your hands on em, or downloading them if that's your preference. I'm just stuck in a different era. No ones fault, it just went from CD / record collections to "check out all my downloads." Every time something new gets posted the next post is "alright, who gonna up it?" Sorry for the rant, I'm old.
J_man_713
Screw Head

Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:31 pm

3rdcoastclassics wrote:
J_man_713 wrote:like I said, I don't have money to waste. Instead of wasting it on leftover tracks. I'd rather save my paper for Astroworld that drops next week.
But then it goes back to the tried and true statement of "I aint buying shit until i hear it." It never gets purchased in the end. I check the forums for new music I may not have heard of, and being in Houston there are plenty of outlets still available to get your hands on em, or downloading them if that's your preference. I'm just stuck in a different era. No ones fault, it just went from CD / record collections to "check out all my downloads." Every time something new gets posted the next post is "alright, who gonna up it?" Sorry for the rant, I'm old.
Nah it's all good. You're probably right mostly, but that's not me. I just don't have the money to waste on leftover tracks or paying extra if I don't want them. I've only downloaded 1 album off here ever.
MilitaryMind

Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:32 pm

3rdcoastclassics wrote:

No need to apologize for the rant of facts, homie. We're from a different era. Back then and still til this day we cherish our music. This new generation don't give a fuck now days about that, cause most figure it's easy to get shit free anyways.
3rdcoastclassics
Screw Head

Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:47 pm

Again J_man_713, no hate, or ill will intended. Just what I've observed over the years. Military Mind, it is a different era. We're looking at it from a fans point of view where people got out and purchased cd's,tapes,wax,etc. I always tripped out when years later the cdr bootlegs started showing up, and 1/2 the time it was the artists themselves doing it. Or the ultimate shock was when a lot of these rappers came through SoSouth asking me if I got any of their albums so they can re-issue. I'm in fan mode like "you don't got your own shit?!" They're in artist mode with "man, we were trying to sell em, not hold on to em."
J_man_713
Screw Head

Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:09 pm

3rdcoastclassics wrote:Again J_man_713, no hate, or ill will intended. Just what I've observed over the years. Military Mind, it is a different era. We're looking at it from a fans point of view where people got out and purchased cd's,tapes,wax,etc. I always tripped out when years later the cdr bootlegs started showing up, and 1/2 the time it was the artists themselves doing it. Or the ultimate shock was when a lot of these rappers came through SoSouth asking me if I got any of their albums so they can re-issue. I'm in fan mode like "you don't got your own shit?!" They're in artist mode with "man, we were trying to sell em, not hold on to em."
I know man, I'm just sayin. I love the music too. It's not about that. I just don't have the type of money to buy recycled songs from an album I've already bought. If I did, I would buy it.

That's also why I never buy the "ABA's". It takes away from the album when you release it, and I don't have the cash to buy it twice. I'd rather just wait for the album to drop.

I've only downloaded 1 album on here ever, and I even felt bad for that..
3rdcoastclassics
Screw Head

Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:24 pm

J_man_713 wrote:
That's also why I never buy the "ABA's". It takes away from the album when you release it,
Well that was brought up during the recent gathering. I've only bought maybe two of those, but according to Keke the new ABA will be going back to his freestyle days. That was from his mouth. If that's the formula then I'm buying for sure.
MilitaryMind

Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:29 pm

3rdcoastclassics wrote:
J_man_713 wrote:
That's also why I never buy the "ABA's". It takes away from the album when you release it,
Well that was brought up during the recent gathering. I've only bought maybe two of those, but according to Keke the new ABA will be going back to his freestyle days. That was from his mouth. If that's the formula then I'm buying for sure.

If that's true then I'm definitely gettin a copy.
Pre-K

Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:18 pm

ol broke ass bitch aint got money for leftover tracks

this is c-neto bro even his leftovers are fire
mfeswhtx
Screw Head

Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:42 am

10 dollars for 12 tracks, 3 being leftovers doesn't sound like s bad deal tbh
MilitaryMind

Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:18 am

mfeswhtx wrote:10 dollars for 12 tracks, 3 being leftovers doesn't sound like s bad deal tbh

It's not. Cause 12 Tracks is still considered an Album.
blackspider
Screw Head

Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:36 pm

This album was meh. I thought auto tune went away?

About 4 or 5 good tracks on here.
J_man_713
Screw Head

Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:43 pm

I ending up buying it. And I agree with Blackspider. a little too much auto tune for me and the leftover tracks lowered it in my opinion. But not too bad, could've been better.

Ratings?
blackspider
Screw Head

Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:12 pm

I'd give it about a 5/10.
J_man_713
Screw Head

Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:40 pm

I give it a 6/10

My 2 favorites

J_man_713
Screw Head

Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:52 pm

C note can't afford a Z-Ro verse I see lmao.