Screw Head

Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:03 am

What's goin on with J-Dawg

Is Life Of A Yung Hogg droppin still?
Or is it No Ceilings?
Or Behind Tint Vol. 3?
MilitaryMind

Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:24 am

Don't hold ya breathe, homie. Your guess is as good everybody else's.
phox
Screw Head

Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:04 am

Is j-dawg even still relevant? There was a time where you were considered a true Houston rap fan if you were bumping j-dawg in like 03 but now?

Don't get me wrong I love his features but as a solo ehhh it's either mediocre or slightly bad.
J_man_713
Screw Head

Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:08 pm

phox wrote:Is j-dawg even still relevant? There was a time where you were considered a true Houston rap fan if you were bumping j-dawg in like 03 but now?

Don't get me wrong I love his features but as a solo ehhh it's either mediocre or slightly bad.
I've honestly thought the opposite. I've liked his solo stuff better than his features
phox
Screw Head

Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:37 pm

J_man_713 wrote:
phox wrote:Is j-dawg even still relevant? There was a time where you were considered a true Houston rap fan if you were bumping j-dawg in like 03 but now?

I've honestly thought the opposite. I've liked his solo stuff better than his features
He feels way more real in his features because there's such a contrast to the other rappers on the song, it really makes him shine.

Feel the same about k-rino and doughbeezy
J_man_713
Screw Head

Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:03 pm

phox wrote:
J_man_713 wrote:

He feels way more real in his features because there's such a contrast to the other rappers on the song, it really makes him shine.

Lol damn homie, I disagree about K-Rino also.

I do agree about the contrast between the rappers, but that's exactly why I feel his features aren't as good to me. They don't mesh with the song that well.
phox
Screw Head

Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:27 am

J_man_713 wrote:
phox wrote:
J_man_713 wrote:

Lol damn homie, I disagree about K-Rino also.

I do agree about the contrast between the rappers, but that's exactly why I feel his features aren't as good to me. They don't mesh with the song that well.
That's the thing if it's a garage song I can replay only that one verse over and over again and really get to zero in on analyzing just that. If it's a whole song of it then it gets spread out and the magic is kinda gone. Not saying he doesn't make good song just saying a feature is where he and K are at their best maybe just because of the lack of talent around them on the track.

Maybe it's just a placebo telling me you heard j-dawg first verse now expect the same thing on the second and third.
SlowedNThowed206

Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:11 am

I WISH HE DROPPED SOMETHING. WHAT HAPPENED TO MUG AND WHAT DOES 12.2.2. MEAN?
keelan
Screw Head

Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:59 am

MUG committed suicide
MilitaryMind

Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:41 pm

keelan wrote:MUG committed suicide
That's been said but was never confirmed.