Who/What were the Screw tapes made for?

From D Town to H Town, all Texas hip hop here
SilkyJohnson313

Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:38 pm

this thread is live, working on a google sheets doc with this info i can share w/ ya'll later
Khameleon
Screw Head

Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:23 am

gnr this nigga straight appropriated my topic ain't dat a bitch

rip me
blackspider
Screw Head

Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:12 pm

SilkyJohnson313 wrote:this thread is live, working on a google sheets doc with this info i can share w/ ya'll later
I'm almost done with an Excel sheet. Got 2 more tapes to go. I have all the diaries in order, whose tape it was, the year and a column for other various info like who was in the house that night, members that are on lock or just got off lock and any other random information they talk about. I can post it in here and you can take it from there and compare it. There was only a few tapes I could not figure out whose it was. They never mentioned their name and neither did Screw. Maybe you might know those.

Then I also have the non diaries I have in a separate tab on the sheet.
SilkyJohnson313

Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:05 pm

blackspider wrote:
SilkyJohnson313 wrote:this thread is live, working on a google sheets doc with this info i can share w/ ya'll later
I'm almost done with an Excel sheet. Got 2 more tapes to go. I have all the diaries in order, whose tape it was, the year and a column for other various info like who was in the house that night, members that are on lock or just got off lock and any other random information they talk about. I can post it in here and you can take it from there and compare it. There was only a few tapes I could not figure out whose it was. They never mentioned their name and neither did Screw. Maybe you might know those.

that's exactly what I was trying to put together but it sounds like you are way ahead of me, appreciate it. post that shit once you have it finished.
blackspider
Screw Head

Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:31 pm

SilkyJohnson313 wrote:
blackspider wrote:

that's exactly what I was trying to put together but it sounds like you are way ahead of me, appreciate it. post that shit once you have it finished.
Here you go man.

http://www45.zippyshare.com/v/mhsmCdyi/file.html
Mr Fix

Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:34 pm

10201 Screws Old House Number at quail meadows
Mr Fix

Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:46 pm

Screwed Up Texas - The last tape Screw made.
Mr Fix

Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:47 pm

All the "Screw Dub" tapes are unlabelled Screws
Mr Fix

Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:57 pm

Hail Mary - Quentionable if this is a legit Screw tape. There is no talking, mixing, or scratching on it. Does anyone have any info on it? The only other thing I can think is that it was a personal tape and someone requested no mixing, chopping or talking, they just wanted the songs slowed down.
SilkyJohnson313

Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:25 pm

blackspider wrote:
SilkyJohnson313 wrote:
blackspider wrote:

Here you go man.

appreciate it!!
McarterGC

Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:32 pm

blackspider wrote:
SilkyJohnson313 wrote:
blackspider wrote:

Here you go man.

That spreadsheet with all the chapters is FUCKING. AMAZING. Must have taken forever. Much appreciated!! But how in the hell do you know what TIME they started some of these tapes and whose personal tape they were???
blackspider
Screw Head

Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:58 pm

McarterGC wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:32 pm
blackspider wrote:
SilkyJohnson313 wrote:
Here you go man.

That spreadsheet with all the chapters is FUCKING. AMAZING. Must have taken forever. Much appreciated!! But how in the hell do you know what TIME they started some of these tapes and whose personal tape they were???
I went through and listened to them in order and made notes as I listened. They state the time many times on tapes. A lot of them were done late into the early morning hours. And even still recording into the regular morning hours. Since they recorded days on end. They give out a lot of cool little tidbits during tapes. Like who is locked up, died recently, what time it is and some even give the exact time of year. On The Real 95 was recorded on Mothers Day. Other tapes were right after the Rockets won the Finals in 95 so you knew it was a summer tape. Then others was around the Kappa,Crawfish Festival, etc. Gives you an idea of when it was recorded.
Desperado
Screw Head

Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:45 pm

is it possible to turn this into a google doc so we can update it as we go ?
blackspider
Screw Head

Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:35 pm

Desperado wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:45 pm
is it possible to turn this into a google doc so we can update it as we go ?
That's cool with me. How do you go about doing it? I can make it public and anyone can edit at any time since I don't have it fully completed with whose tape is whose.
Desperado
Screw Head

Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:56 pm

It should be able to just copy from Excel into Google Docs by copy and pasting. The format should stay the same