Z-Ro Last Album Thoughts?

From D Town to H Town, all Texas hip hop here
Post Reply
User avatar
J-Don
Screw Head
Posts: 1396
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:06 pm

Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:15 am

since we on the topic of z-ro i'm just gonna say that the problem with his music today is how it is blatantly devoid of any sort of struggle and that's what separated him from other street rappers

he always talked about getting money and haters, but it was the acknowledgement of the everyday struggle plus the fuck-the-world mentaility that was a stand-out and it was a motivator for me to get shit done in my life

But after Heroin (which wasn't all that special due to a plethora of repeat tracks... I'd say Cocaine back in 2009 was his last album that was jammable from start-to-finish), shit took a turn for the worse in that it is all generic hogwash and I only listen to his new shit to dig out the good tracks to put on playlists. Rap-A-Lot may have fucked up his paper, but everything released post-said-era has been sub-par.


No Love Boulevard suffers from that same problem and the best tracks are the ones that are more-or-less street bangers (Solid, From The Other Side, He's Not Done) while everything else isn't necessarily horrible... but it is just bland af.. it's a shame that his last album had to be like this and i bet i'm not the only one.. though i guess i will take heed to what he said Drankin & Driving and stick to his old shit

User avatar
Mattayyo
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:26 pm

Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:00 pm

Mayne I love drankin and drivin, that shit can jam straight thru, but you right bout this new one being a bit bland. I hella dig the vibe he's got, guess that's just a given probably always will, but shit is just him talking bout shit same as he ever talked bout shit, bein Rotha and that's all I ever ask of the man

User avatar
Europe Savage
Screw Head
Posts: 729
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:25 am

Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:27 pm

Stop hatin on that man. We all know he had that serious brain damage from his bad car accident after finishing his 4th album. Since then his brain is suffering a degenerative damage. That's the reason why he said that this is his last album. Y'all can't expect him to drop more music with the rest of his IQ. Just leave him alone. Ro is Ro! He just wants to eat his chicken wings with watermelons, play basketball and rape beautiful white women with golden hair and a bright skin.
J-Don wrote:no I didn't get any pussy

i was there since late afternoon and left around 10 p.m.

User avatar
Mattayyo
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:26 pm

Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:29 pm

Mayne you trip hard... hope you run into ro talkin that shit, worldstar nawatimsayin


Sent from my iPhone using TTO Mobile

User avatar
Dat_Meskin
Screw Head
Posts: 1749
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:10 am
Location: Screwston

Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:22 am

Haven't had enough interest to give it a chance yet. I'll listen to it eventually, just gotta build up more excitement for singing recycled lyrics and spelling words

User avatar
Mixerr
Screw Head
Posts: 471
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:47 pm
Location: Austin, Texas, US
Contact:

Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:52 pm

I haven't listened to Z-Ro albums since 2009. The drug titles were getting lame, That's when/where he fell off. (Minus the Melting Crown album, Cocaine, and the I Found Me album.) Cocaine wasn't that great despite being a 3/5*** album. Cocaibe had a few tight joints. Heroin is where the ball was dropped. That one was horrible.

User avatar
J-Don
Screw Head
Posts: 1396
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:06 pm

Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:32 am

Mixerr wrote:I haven't listened to Z-Ro albums since 2009. The drug titles were getting lame, That's when/where he fell off. (Minus the Melting Crown album, Cocaine, and the I Found Me album.) Cocaine wasn't that great despite being a 3/5*** album. Cocaibe had a few tight joints. Heroin is where the ball was dropped. That one was horrible.

Exactly

After a few times of jamming No Love Boulevard yesterday I like a handful of tracks... though nothing is gonna top Z-R pre-2010 for the most part


Sent from my iPhone using Texas Takeover mobile app

User avatar
Mixerr
Screw Head
Posts: 471
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:47 pm
Location: Austin, Texas, US
Contact:

Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:36 am

J-Don wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:32 am
Mixerr wrote:I haven't listened to Z-Ro albums since 2009. The drug titles were getting lame, That's when/where he fell off. (Minus the Melting Crown album, Cocaine, and the I Found Me album.) Cocaine wasn't that great despite being a 3/5*** album. Cocaibe had a few tight joints. Heroin is where the ball was dropped. That one was horrible.

Exactly

After a few times of jamming No Love Boulevard yesterday I like a handful of tracks... though nothing is gonna top Z-R pre-2010 for the most part


Sent from my iPhone using Texas Takeover mobile app
Or his Straight Profit and KMJ days.

User avatar
Mex
Screw Head
Posts: 857
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:40 pm

Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:58 am

Mixerr wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:36 am
J-Don wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:32 am
Mixerr wrote:I haven't listened to Z-Ro albums since 2009. The drug titles were getting lame, That's when/where he fell off. (Minus the Melting Crown album, Cocaine, and the I Found Me album.) Cocaine wasn't that great despite being a 3/5*** album. Cocaibe had a few tight joints. Heroin is where the ball was dropped. That one was horrible.

Exactly

After a few times of jamming No Love Boulevard yesterday I like a handful of tracks... though nothing is gonna top Z-R pre-2010 for the most part


Sent from my iPhone using Texas Takeover mobile app
Or his Straight Profit and KMJ days.
those were the days

User avatar
Mixerr
Screw Head
Posts: 471
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:47 pm
Location: Austin, Texas, US
Contact:

Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:07 pm

Mex wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:58 am
Mixerr wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:36 am
J-Don wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:32 am



Exactly

After a few times of jamming No Love Boulevard yesterday I like a handful of tracks... though nothing is gonna top Z-R pre-2010 for the most part


Sent from my iPhone using Texas Takeover mobile app
Or his Straight Profit and KMJ days.
those were the days
Too bad Straight Profit dissolved. That label had a lot of potential. :|

User avatar
Mex
Screw Head
Posts: 857
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:40 pm

Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:42 pm

Mixerr wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:07 pm
Mex wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:58 am
Mixerr wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:36 am


Or his Straight Profit and KMJ days.
those were the days
Too bad Straight Profit dissolved. That label had a lot of potential. :|
yeah, I personally think Straight Profit Z-Ro had some of the best hits

User avatar
J-Don
Screw Head
Posts: 1396
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:06 pm

Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:01 pm

Weren't those just all collection tapes from earlier shit he had done


Sent from my iPhone using TTO Mobile

User avatar
Mex
Screw Head
Posts: 857
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:40 pm

Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:34 am

J-Don wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:01 pm
Weren't those just all collection tapes from earlier shit he had done


Sent from my iPhone using TTO Mobile
not talking about that straight profit album
I'm talking about the stuff he dropped with the Straight Profit Label
Like Z-Ro vs The World and King of da Ghetto

User avatar
Kevin44
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:02 pm

Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:44 am

He's not retiring

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Texas Takeover mobile app


Post Reply
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests