Can We Officially Say That The Westcoast Is Putting Out The Best Music?

East Coast, West Coast, North, Dirty South, Discuss ALL hip hop here
J-Don
Screw Head

Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:18 pm

As of now, no coast is doing it better than the west. The amount of level of consistency in 2016 was on some other shit

Several cases in point

j stalin dropped arguably the best album of 2016 with On Behalf Of The Streets Pt. 2... not one bad song and he kept it true to the bay sound

and on a more mainstream level YG did his fuckin thang

some other notable tracks/tapes that the west put out in 2016

Jacka (R.I.P.) left a very notable post mortem verse on this banger

I'd say 2016 was the official year for the Mozzy and his whole gang, for they dropped consistent tapes after another

the mozzy gang even has the best female spitter right now... she on the come up still and she hella underrated

finally i'd say 2017 is off to a good start with songs like these

Don't get me wrong, the South had good tapes as well (DJ Paul's tapes and Trae's Another 48 hours come to mind), but aside from recreating the old sound whether it be that memphis devil shit or the screwed up Texas sound, I don't think the styles that the new artists have been bringing really bring much creatively to the table.

this is my attempt to bring back some music talk in here so discuss if y'all want
J-Don
Screw Head

Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:28 pm

Oh yeah, did I mention that the old westcoast heads like C-BO still sound fresh in 2016

C-Bo did this Mekanix beat some fuckin justice

that E-40 album wasn't too bad from what I heard

DJ Quik ep was fuckin fire

Pre-K

Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:03 pm

can we officially say that no one gives a shit about j-don's westcoast fetish?
Rekshots

Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:40 pm

j don mad he gor ran outta h twon
Dat_Meskin
Screw Head

Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:59 pm

DID THEY RELEASE 7 ALBUMS IN ONE DAY THO?
NOPE.

J-Don
Screw Head

Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:19 pm

fags
J-Don
Screw Head

Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:21 pm

i wish SSL was still here so he could his take on the current state of westcoast music
mfeswhtx
Screw Head

Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:00 pm

Gucci peewee longway Migos Travis Scott young thug bruh south stays winning
Desperado
Screw Head

Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:20 pm

Lndn drgs..........
J-Don
Screw Head

Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:54 pm

mfeswhtx wrote:Gucci peewee longway Migos Travis Scott young thug bruh south stays winning
yes the south is on top, no dispute there

but how many of those artists are really worth listening to?

I'll give it to Gucci and Peewee, maybe Travis

but how many of those are otherwise Future ripoffs

i'd rather it be Juicy J still running things over most of those artists

the south is still putting out quality music, but it ain't on the forefront like it should be
Rekshots

Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:12 pm

J-Don wrote:
mfeswhtx wrote:Gucci peewee longway Migos Travis Scott young thug bruh south stays winning

the south is still putting out quality music, but it ain't on the forefront like it should be
i agree with you on the fact the west coast is producing way better music than anyone else. just by judging the production of the songs you uploaded. the west coast beats are 200 times better than anyone else. however the only thing that west coast lacks are good rappers. like those mekanics guys they make amazing beats. but they work with average to low tier shit rappers like j stalin. don't get me wrong i think j stalin is a great rapper . but he's a generic gangster rapper and brings nothing to the table. the other songs have the same problem and it hurts the west coast alot.. in other words the rappers are often very boring.. they kinda had this problem in the 90's . outside the major rappers like snoop, dre, pac and e 40. the majority of west coast rappers were forgettable cookie cutter gangsta rappers.
its kind of sad when you realize out of all the songs you posted DJ quik was the best rapper, mainly because he has personality and a interesting flow.. the other ones were teh typical thug shitty rappers

the south has been trash for over 10 years and dey needs to go away. shawty
lol @ dj paul having a baby arm... fucking pussy
Dat_Meskin
Screw Head

Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:18 pm

CODY CONNORS IS A LEGEND
QUIT HATIN THE SOUF

Pre-K

Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:00 am

THE LEGEND CODY CONNORS SHOULD HAVE GOT IN THE RING AND HIT JOHN CENA WITH SONIC SLAMBURGER DROP OFF AND GRABBED THE MIC YELLING "YOU JUST DIIIIIED" THEN HE COULD TAKE IN HUMONGOUS REED TO BURY THE OTHER WRESTLERS IN A FAT FLAB FURY FLOP THUS MAKING THEM TAG TEAM CHAMPS AND THEN IMMEDIATELY RELINQUISH THE BELT TO SURPRISE GUEST K-RINO WHO PERFORMS A NEW SONG ABOUT CORPORATIONS AND ASTROPHYSICS TO WHICH BOY C WILL THEN RUN IN THE RING TO TAKE DOWN CODY AND REED WITH A SUPER SIGNATURE SLAM ONTO A PILE OF SIGNED K-RINO RECORDS TO WHICH K-RINO WILL THEN GIVE BOY C A THUMBS UP AND THEY WILL EAT CHEESE TOGETHER

ps bring back hyphy

Sent from my iPhone using TTO Mobile
J-Don
Screw Head

Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:42 am

Rekshots wrote:
J-Don wrote:

i agree with you on the fact the west coast is producing way better music than anyone else. just by judging the production of the songs you uploaded. the west coast beats are 200 times better than anyone else. however the only thing that west coast lacks are good rappers. like those mekanics guys they make amazing beats. but they work with average to low tier shit rappers like j stalin. don't get me wrong i think j stalin is a great rapper . but he's a generic gangster rapper and brings nothing to the table. the other songs have the same problem and it hurts the west coast alot.. in other words the rappers are often very boring.. they kinda had this problem in the 90's . outside the major rappers like snoop, dre, pac and e 40. the majority of west coast rappers were forgettable cookie cutter gangsta rappers.
its kind of sad when you realize out of all the songs you posted DJ quik was the best rapper, mainly because he has personality and a interesting flow.. the other ones were teh typical thug shitty rappers[/youtube]

the south has been trash for over 10 years and dey needs to go away. shawty
lol @ dj paul having a baby arm... fucking pussy
i appreciate the response and i can most def feel you on that

i'm just a huge gangsta rap fan really and what the west coast been putting out does it for me

it's what most niggas need when they on they grind and I appreciate it a lot for what it is

oh and dj paul is hella underrated.. maybe he even the GOAT producer with all of these disrespectful children he fathered in the rap game right now

J-Don
Screw Head

Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:46 am

Pre-K wrote:
ps bring back hyphy

Sent from my iPhone using TTO Mobile
fuck hip hop and hyphy

bitch i'm hood and icy