Z-Ro Last Album Thoughts?

From D Town to H Town, all Texas hip hop here
J-Don
Screw Head

Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:15 am

since we on the topic of z-ro i'm just gonna say that the problem with his music today is how it is blatantly devoid of any sort of struggle and that's what separated him from other street rappers

he always talked about getting money and haters, but it was the acknowledgement of the everyday struggle plus the fuck-the-world mentaility that was a stand-out and it was a motivator for me to get shit done in my life

But after Heroin (which wasn't all that special due to a plethora of repeat tracks... I'd say Cocaine back in 2009 was his last album that was jammable from start-to-finish), shit took a turn for the worse in that it is all generic hogwash and I only listen to his new shit to dig out the good tracks to put on playlists. Rap-A-Lot may have fucked up his paper, but everything released post-said-era has been sub-par.

No Love Boulevard suffers from that same problem and the best tracks are the ones that are more-or-less street bangers (Solid, From The Other Side, He's Not Done) while everything else isn't necessarily horrible... but it is just bland af.. it's a shame that his last album had to be like this and i bet i'm not the only one.. though i guess i will take heed to what he said Drankin & Driving and stick to his old shit
Mattayyo

Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:00 pm

Mayne I love drankin and drivin, that shit can jam straight thru, but you right bout this new one being a bit bland. I hella dig the vibe he's got, guess that's just a given probably always will, but shit is just him talking bout shit same as he ever talked bout shit, bein Rotha and that's all I ever ask of the man
Europe Savage
Screw Head

Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:27 pm

Stop hatin on that man. We all know he had that serious brain damage from his bad car accident after finishing his 4th album. Since then his brain is suffering a degenerative damage. That's the reason why he said that this is his last album. Y'all can't expect him to drop more music with the rest of his IQ. Just leave him alone. Ro is Ro! He just wants to eat his chicken wings with watermelons, play basketball and rape beautiful white women with golden hair and a bright skin.
Mattayyo

Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:29 pm

Mayne you trip hard... hope you run into ro talkin that shit, worldstar nawatimsayin

Sent from my iPhone using TTO Mobile
Dat_Meskin
Screw Head

Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:22 am

Haven't had enough interest to give it a chance yet. I'll listen to it eventually, just gotta build up more excitement for singing recycled lyrics and spelling words
Mixerr
Screw Head

Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:52 pm

I haven't listened to Z-Ro albums since 2009. The drug titles were getting lame, That's when/where he fell off. (Minus the Melting Crown album, Cocaine, and the I Found Me album.) Cocaine wasn't that great despite being a 3/5*** album. Cocaibe had a few tight joints. Heroin is where the ball was dropped. That one was horrible.
https://mixerrreviews.blogspot.com/
#MixerrReviews is #brehsive!

Michael Mixerr of Mixerr Reviews is now a writer for Bout Dat Online.
J-Don
Screw Head

Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:32 am

Mixerr wrote:I haven't listened to Z-Ro albums since 2009. The drug titles were getting lame, That's when/where he fell off. (Minus the Melting Crown album, Cocaine, and the I Found Me album.) Cocaine wasn't that great despite being a 3/5*** album. Cocaibe had a few tight joints. Heroin is where the ball was dropped. That one was horrible.

Exactly

After a few times of jamming No Love Boulevard yesterday I like a handful of tracks... though nothing is gonna top Z-R pre-2010 for the most part

Sent from my iPhone using Texas Takeover mobile app
Mixerr
Screw Head

Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:36 am

J-Don wrote:
Mixerr wrote:I haven't listened to Z-Ro albums since 2009. The drug titles were getting lame, That's when/where he fell off. (Minus the Melting Crown album, Cocaine, and the I Found Me album.) Cocaine wasn't that great despite being a 3/5*** album. Cocaibe had a few tight joints. Heroin is where the ball was dropped. That one was horrible.

Exactly

After a few times of jamming No Love Boulevard yesterday I like a handful of tracks... though nothing is gonna top Z-R pre-2010 for the most part

Or his Straight Profit and KMJ days.

Mex
Screw Head

Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:58 am

Mixerr wrote:
J-Don wrote:

Exactly

those were the days
Mixerr
Screw Head

Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:07 pm

Mex wrote:
Mixerr wrote:
J-Don wrote:

Exactly

those were the days
Too bad Straight Profit dissolved. That label had a lot of potential. :|

Mex
Screw Head

Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:42 pm

Mixerr wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:07 pm
Mex wrote:
Mixerr wrote:

those were the days
Too bad Straight Profit dissolved. That label had a lot of potential. :|